Institute of Posturology of Barcelona, Canet (France) and Colombia
Our posturological clinical practice
Posturology is an interesting specialty of the analysis of the postural tonic system and allows to have a common pluridisciplinary reference. However, it does not allow accurate diagnosis of the vertebral, articular and visceral dysfunctions responsible for postural dysfunctions. Only the palpatory possibilities offered by the osteopathic diagnosis are able to identify them with great precision.
We used in the same consultation the classic posturological tests to diagnose the existence of the dysfunction of a sensorial sensor and, together, the osteopathic tests for a final analysis of the mobility restriction implied in the postural deficiencies.
Our methodology consists of an osteopathic-postural diagnosis. First, the observation and evaluation of the muscle chains of retraction and expansion of the tissues that generate postural deviations are performed. After collecting this postural information with an osteopathic view, we recorded the posture on a platform that allows us to measure the deviations of the center of gravity (pressure center) of the body in the different planes of space and to understand the strategy of the postural control at the neurosensorial level and its regulation with the tonic-postural system.
Static and dynamic situation
We analyzed the patient with several static tests (Romberg, open eyes, closed eyes) and in dynamics asking for specific movements to analyze postural behavior in movement (Fukuda, etc.)
We analyze the person in his work situation in order to evaluate the bad postures and repetitive movements of the musculoskeletal system that can cause loss of performance and increase of casualties.
During the activities
We analyze the posture during the physical and sports activities or playing a musical instrument, in order to observe the posture and imbalances with the aim of preventing injuries and optimizing movement (reduction of the energy cost of motor performance), as well as in the treatment during the development of technopathies.
Our fine and specific analysis of minor joint movements and their integration into global biomechanics (where each segment of the body is interdependent), added to the neurological posturological diagnosis with the force platform, leads us to a different and more advanced assessment of practices performed routinely.
Treatment will consist in:
- Corrections of osteopathic dysfunctions found.
- Sensory sensor corrections in collaboration with other physicians or specialists in the field of posturology (if the dysfunction persists after well-done osteopathic treatment).
- Modification of the working space in collaboration with the work medicine, ergonomists and engineers.
- The modification of the sports gesture or instrumental technique, in collaboration with coaches, coaches and musicians.
- Postural and gestural adaptation depending on the biomechanical possibilities of each one and depending on the work space, sport or music instrument.
- Learning and prescription of self-manipulations adapted to each situation that will be realized in specific moments.
Motorized platform Huber360 in Barcelona