Institute of Ergonomics of Barcelona
Specialized training for companies
Strategies to optimize performance and physical and mental well-being for employees
Training in prevention of musculoskeletal disorders, work stress and performance optimization …
In our ergonomics program we propose specialized training for companies looking for the welfare of their human teams, sensitive to prevention and optimizing performance. We focus on employee well-being through holistic small-group training.
Human resource managers often insist on the fact that we must develop plans about the notion of employee well-being at work.
The first step is an audit to assess the needs of your company, in coordination with managers and human resources managers. These professionals of the sector have made the observation that the consequences of many problems caused by the discomfort of the employee in their work are manifested in:
- Absenteeism (72%).
- Problems with peers (59%).
- Increased conflicts with superiors (50%).
They consider that the tension in the work is due to:
- Poor management of stress (70%).
- Organization of work procedures (52%).
- Musculoskeletal disorders (40%).
It seems that the main obstacle to preventing employee discomfort is in:
- The difficulty of making a diagnosis of the situation.
- Lack of expertise or a specific service within the company.
- Insufficient knowledge regarding alternative or complementary solutions for prevention, as well as the difficulty of choosing between courses offered.
On the other hand, few companies have the relevant information and analysis on the welfare of their employees. In 85% of cases, they work with data offered by the medical services linked to their labor sector. This very pertinent information about the pathology and illness of the employee in relation to his work gives no indication or evaluation of his degree of well-being or discomfort. However, the vast majority of workers (83%) are willing to make sacrifices for their company, provided that their bosses have a certain consideration towards them regarding their welfare. If they feel better and more considerate, employees and employees are more productive, so that this line of action impacts on a good for all.